Catherine Chisolm of Charleston, b. 1843 with a Florida legacy of Calhouns and Browns from Hamilto | Genealogy Forums | Forum

Please consider registering

Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 4 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

Topic RSS
Catherine Chisolm of Charleston, b. 1843 with a Florida legacy of Calhouns and Browns from Hamilto
May 1, 2010
10:50 am

Charles Smith writes:

Catherine Chisolm of Charleston, b. 1843 with a Florida legacy of Calhouns and Browns from Hamilton County, Florida

Trying to get more information on her mother and father who are unk at this time. Her kids were Agustus/Stokes brown and one sister name Maria Brown whereas Stokes married my grand mother Annie D. Calhoun Brown who was born in 1887. We have since connected with the musical Mizells by marriage in Fort Lauderdale, Florida: Mizell/Bryant funeral homes and on my father side newsman Dan Rather is waiting to be a part of our family reunion for it was his sixth gen. grands who held my grand daddy as a youngster born into slavery , Locust Grove Plantation...which is now the Talladega Speedway and airport. I still need to know about the male slave of Virginia I am so close to identifying my dad's people and from which african country. some say Mali(Timbuctu)?and one of the slaves was an engineer. Issac Kirksey stole all of his ideas and in his name are the patents for many things...I am so close. After all before 2008 I knew nothing.

bigoaktree631@yahoo.com

Forum Timezone: America/Detroit

Most Users Ever Online: 29

Currently Online:
2 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

Frank R Wooten: 3

AYWalton: 3

jwilkins8@verizon.net: 2

Sisterkelly: 2

Diana Witt: 2

afrigen: 1

carol wheeldin warren: 1

Michael Moody: 1

dollsgen: 1

L: 1

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 7

Members: 2383

Moderators: 0

Admins: 1

Forum Stats:

Groups: 1

Forums: 1

Topics: 38

Newest Members: SimaGzszdd, KandiRosenhain, JennyBogen, MarianneH98, IndiaWebber, CletaDuerr, Claudette94L, JonathanSchulte, SilviaQULF, Luis9405oh

Administrators: ccharity: 0